Milton highschool graudating class of 1964 dating yonger men advice
The name was changed in 1937 to honor the 19th century educator, Augustus Roberson Johnson. (1936-1956, 1967-1970)Opened on site of the old Americus Institute in 1936. Originally known as Richmond County Military Academy, and more commonly known as Richmond Academy, it was chartered in 1783. GHSA Basketball State Champs: Girls Class 3A: 1997 (1920-1965)Chartered in 1826 as the Crawfordville Academy, the name changed to Stephens High School in 1886. An ASI Homecoming is held every other year in the old gym. -1981, 2006- )Merged with Mitchell County High School to form Mitchell-Baker High School in 1981. Wills High School merged to form a new Smyrna High School. The school was renamed Campbell High School, but they maintained the new Spartans mascot & colors.Converted to Junior High in 1957 when Sumter County High School was built. (1890-1932)Americus-Columbus Institute was organized in 1890 by the Southwest Georgia Baptist Association. The two schools resumed separate operations in 2006. (1952-1989, 1990-)Orme Campbell High School opened in 1952 with the merger of Smyrna High School and Fitzhugh Lee High School. GHSA Basketball State Champs: Boys Class 4A: 1982 (????Older students were bused to Emery Street School for Blacks in Dalton. schools desegregated and all students went to Chatsworth Elementary School or Murray County High School.(1937-1958)Christ the King School (grades 1-8) opened in 1937. (1943-1988)The school was known as Alonzo Richardson High School until 1943. GHSA Basketball State Champs: Boys Class AA: 1959GHSA Basketball State Champs: Boys Class A: 1974, 75, 76 (1906-1937)In 1937, Columbus Industrial High School moved from its home on 29th St. and was renamed Jordan Vocational High School in honor of the school's founder, G. (1956-1970)School was originally named Greene County High School. Corry High School in 1956 to honor the deceased School Superintendent.That's when the Davis Yellow Jackets and the Dade County Wildcats combined to become the Northwest Georgia Wolverines. GIA Girls Basketball State Champs: Class AA 1969, 1970 Class B 1950 (1886-1967)The Emery Street School was the first public school in Dalton. Glenwood High School consolidated with Alamo High School to create Wheeler County High School. )Created by the merger of Griffin High School and Spalding County High School.(Note: I have found several references to this school in obituaries and wedding announcements, but most references simply call it Griffin High School.) Haralson County Comprehensive High School (1957-????
-1975)"Prior to the 1975-76 school year, there were two high schools in Dade County. )The Glenwood School was built in 1920 & is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. (See Griffin-Spalding High School, below)GHSA Basketball State Champs: Boys Class 4A: 1988, 93, 2003 Boys Class B: 1938 (1953-????Merged with Baker County High School to form Mitchell-Baker High School in 1981. (1914-1957, 1962- )Consolidated with Duluth High School in 1957 to create West Gwinnett High School.